NEWAHEC partners with the Lakeshore Health Care Alliance and the Fox Valley Healthcare Alliance to assist in coordinating the High School Career Experience Events for both regional areas. Career Experience Events are interactive events for high school students in the following counties: Brown, Calumet, Door, Fond Du Lac, Kewaunee, Manitowoc, Outagamie, Ozaukee, Sheboygan, Washington, Waupaca, and Winnebago to learn about healthcare careers.
Students learn about multiple career areas – they have the undivided attention of the professional presenters and have time to ask lots of questions. They often get a tour of the facility, and are also provided a packet of information to take home.
Students also receive a completion certificate if they need attendance verification for classroom credit.
All career experience events are offered during the school year. The FVHCA & LSHCA offers career experiences in the fall semester and in the spring semester. Both the LSHCA & FVHCA does not offer career experiences during the summer.
What is expected of a student attending a Career Experience Event?
- Students must understand that they will not have access to patient care areas
- Students may be required to stand for periods of time
- Students will need to come prepared to ask questions of professionals that are presenting
- Students may need to volunteer to participate in hands on activities
- Students will need to be respectful to all health care professionals involved in the Career Experience event
For more information and to sign up for a Career Experience event go to: