Interested in being a camp counselor?
Please apply using the separate Health Career Camp Counselor Application. Pay will vary, depending upon the camp. Please send your application to the contact listed for the camp where you are interested in working.
Health Careers Camps are 5 day programs held around the state of Wisconsin. These camps allow the students to experience first hand the challenges, opportunities and rewards of health professions.
There are two Health Careers Camps (see below). Some counselors may be asked to transport campers to and from local facilities, and will need driver authorization. Counselors will report for orientation on Sunday and assist through camp dismissal on Thursday evening. Counselors receive room and board, as well as a stipend.
- Managing the students on outings to hospitals/clinics/schools etc., keeping them on time, reminding them to act professionally etc.
- Interacting with students, answering questions, developing a trusting relationship with students
- Attending all scheduled activities and supervising students during these activities
- Assisting with team building activities on the first day
- Staying in dorms with students, enforcing curfews, providing nightly activities
- Basic first aid if necessary
- Assisting with camp set up on Sunday before campers arrive
- Assisting with registration and orientation activities
- Co-leading daily check-in meetings
- Lakeshore – act as driver (mini-vans are used to transport students)
- Fox Valley – help usher students on and off of buses
- Opportunity to present topics to campers on your experiences (choosing the right college, how to study for college tests, applying for Medical school, etc..)
To apply for a position as a Health Careers Camp counselor, send the following information to the camp director listed below: a completed online application (Chaperone Application), two letters of reference from a college instructor, school representative, and/or employer and a resume.
Northeastern Regional Camp Director:
NEWAHEC Camp Director
925 South 15th Street
Manitowoc, WI 54220
For summer 2017, we are pleased to offer 2 overnight camps:
- June 25th – June 29th in the Fox Valley Area (Oshkosh)
- July 16th – July 20th in the Lakeshore Area (Manitowoc)
This unique camp is a collaboration of Wisconsin AHEC regional offices, local colleges, technical schools colleges, and area healthcare practitioners. These summer camps are open to any high school student living in the counties served by the regional AHEC center sponsoring the camp.