Work at both NE WI Area Health Education Center and Lakeshore Community Health Care
Lakeshore Community Health Care (Outreach and Enrollment Coordinator)
To provide outreach opportunities for county residents who lack access to healthcare and health insurance, provide enrollment and application follow-up assistance and build/strengthen enrollment collaborations with local partner organizations.
NEWAHEC (Health Career Experience Coordinator)
Work with youth to facilitate student entry into health professions training programs. Support training and educational activities for health professions students.
AmeriCorps is a yearlong service commitment that starts September 4, 2018 and ends on August 31, 2019. There is also a mandatory program orientation September 5th – September 7th in Stevens Point, WI.
During the service year the following benefits are made available to AmeriCorps Members:
- Living allowance of approximately $520 every two weeks
- Education Award of $5,920 upon successful completion of a service term – This award can be used for current or future education.
- Loan forbearance and interest repayment on qualified student loans
- Health insurance (if eligible)
- Childcare assistance (if eligible)